- Central Myanmar suffers from drought
- China hands over 26 trafficked Myanmar females
- Auspicious Kason Full Moon Day in Myanmar
- Inle Lake dwellers ready to protest further hotel projects
- YCDC expands free parking lots in downtown areas
- World Bank to provide assistance to 20 village tracts in Myanmar
- Myanmar to attend Japan- ASEAN Youth get- together
- Investigation committee meets survivors of student army ordeal
- NLD complains of 58 member resignation due to PNO pressure
- Telenor to sell SIM cards within 9 months after approval
Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 19:10
Yangon’s police department has restricted opening hours of night clubs and KTVs until midnight effective November 6.
“Car accidents frequently happen in Yangon between 2a.m. and 4a.m. An average of five people is killed during these accidents, mostly hit-and-run,” said police officer Myint Htwe said.
Myint Htwe said in most cases, the crime was committed by those returning from nightclubs and KTVs.
According to official figures, there are 150 nightclubs and live music restaurants, as well as 15 KTVs.