Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 19:10
Yangon’s police department has restricted opening hours of night clubs and KTVs until midnight effective November 6.
“Car accidents frequently happen in Yangon between 2a.m. and 4a.m. An average of five people is killed during these accidents, mostly hit-and-run,” said police officer Myint Htwe said.
Myint Htwe said in most cases, the crime was committed by those returning from nightclubs and KTVs.
According to official figures, there are 150 nightclubs and live music restaurants, as well as 15 KTVs.
National Latest News
- Anti-mine activists on trial for Chinese flag burning
- ICRC to carry out police training in Rakhine State
- KIA arrest civilians in villages around Mansi
- Myanmar-Laos Friendship Bridge to be completed by 2015
- National education seminar held in Yangon
- Government approves renovation of Yangon Railway Station
- Diplomats make debut venture into Shan State
- Indian Ambassador meets Kachin State officials
- Land grabbing the biggest issue in Myanmar says rights group
- Cyclone Madi will not hit Myanmar