Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- Western nations to support upcoming election
- NLD members put off China visit
- President, opposition leader meet in Nay Pyi Taw
- NLD leader requests for public's assistance for NLD personnel to rightfully serve the public
- Competition Law enacted
- MP demands bigger education, health budgets
- MP demands civil service pay rise
- Constitutional Tribunal dodges PR ruling
- Ruling MP calls for implementation of people’s militia law
- Commission to rule on White Card processing