Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- NLD's committee seeks advice on PSM bill, broadcasting bill
- Main barrier to peace is political dialogue roadmap
- Ministry mulling 11 coal-fired power plants, none approved yet, official says
- Chief ministers should not be selected by president, report says
- MP urges new approach to combat surge in drug addiction among youths
- Committee backs amending charter section barring Suu Kyi from presidency
- NLD MP welcomes minister’s pledge to open heart centres, add hospitals, cut fees
- Stop submitting human rights report on Myanmar to UN General Assembly, Thein Sein tells EU
- Ministries under-utilising state-granted budgets to face scrutiny
- Project implementation found to be weak: deputy auditor-general