Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- Aung San Suu Kyi submits urgent proposal for enactment of new by-laws
- Upper House MP backs Lower House’s approval to grant salary of Ks 1.6 m for MPs
- MP submits proposal for discussing constitutional amendment bill
- Union parliament approves six-party meeting
- Suu Kyi demands four-party talks to solve problems
- MP suggests military relaxes its grip on constitution
- Recent fighting raises doubts about government's commitment to peace building
- Four party-talks should come before more inclusive dialogue, say ethnic leaders
- Over US$16 million spent on e-Government project
- Only constitutional change will allow reconciliation, says MP