Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- Former political prisoners’ football team demands release of all political prisoners
- A petition against poll commission
- Rights group pushes for freedom of information law
- MPs discuss religious conversion bill in Upper House
- Only right leader will choose a right path for the country, Suu Kyi says
- Union speaker vows to amend education law
- Parliament approves MPs’ salary increase
- Suu Kyi calls for ethnic unity
- Parliament speaker urges president to hold six-party talk
- Six-party talk on the horizon