Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- I will tell the real truth (18)
- UPWC and NCCT urge political groups to step up dialogue
- Establishing a federal system and changing charter are key goals, NLD says
- Handling of thousands of land disputes unsatisfactory: Commission
- Ceasefire talks yield no significant progress
- Parliament rejects bid to amend Official Secrets Act
- Govt accused of blocking debate over MP’s coal-fired plant
- Govt has delivered on more than half of its promises, committee finds
- Second-day ceasefire talks see some disagreement over principles
- Govt, ILO to launch first jobless survey since 1990