Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- Suu Kyi, KNU leaders discuss peace, amending charter
- Election website to be set up
- UNGA adopts draft resolution on human rights in Myanmar
- Army chief rules out election threats
- NLD vows accomplishing unfinished missions
- Parliament approves disproportionate govt salary increases
- MPs applaud student activists
- Gov't to explain pay raises in parliament
- KIO OKs return to peace talks, fighting continues
- Activists stage campaign for release of detained students, political prisoners