Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- Stop submitting human rights report on Myanmar to UN General Assembly, Thein Sein tells EU
- Ministries under-utilising state-granted budgets to face scrutiny
- Project implementation found to be weak: deputy auditor-general
- MNHRC an independent agency, says rights panel chief
- Latest protest against move to rejig electoral system slated for November 1
- Five journalists from Bi Mon Te Nay sentence to two-year prison term
- MP calls for development and peace to be pursued in tandem
- Govt to move “decisively” on surging land prices, deputy minister says
- Student activist defiant on release
- Election monitors must be neutral, civic organisations say