Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- Obama speaks to Myanmar's political leaders
- Activists protest for release of all political prisoners
- Budget doubles to beef up barriers along border with Bangladesh
- Union and Shan State govt ‘cooperation vital to develop Muse’
- Suu Kyi’s call for four-party talks finally accepted
- MP opposes move to introduce new electoral system
- Graduate youth unemployment would not bring benefit to the society, Aung San Suu Kyi says
- Charter amendment report to be discussed from November 13 to 21: Speaker
- NLD's committee seeks advice on PSM bill, broadcasting bill
- Main barrier to peace is political dialogue roadmap