Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- Ceasefire draft expected as Myanmar govt and ethnic groups meet next week
- For the nation's leaders to be close to the people
- Who will take responsibility?
- Political parties agree to cooperate on framework for peace talks
- Panel to push for post-ceasefire peace talks formed
- Parties discuss framework for political dialogue
- Inadequate employment and security plus instability causing exodus Suu Kyi
- Michaungkan protest leader receives 4-month jail term
- Election commission scraps this year’s by-elections
- Election commission member attempts to rebut ridicule