Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- NCCT holds preliminary discussions in Laiza
- Audit reveals gross misuse of public funds
- Govt, orgs and parties attend electioneering conference
- Next step to tighten grip on private media?
- Alcoholic beverage law to be amended
- Signature campaign for charter change concludes
- Parliament to grant proper salary and allowances for MPs and officials
- Govt instructs for siren sound to mark Martyrs Day
- NBF opposes proportional representation
- NBF does not believe in Election Commission elected by President