Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- Myanmar's constitutional committee to submit report in early October
- NLD, ethnic groups pledge united effort to forge federal union
- Rights commission calls for immediate ceasefire
- Suu Kyi urges young supporters to help the NLD find answers
- Nine million ‘missing’ citizens may be abroad
- Myanmar has 51 million people, census commission says
- Nationwide voter lists to be compiled from next month for 2015 election
- Remaining points in ceasefire deal to be discussed shortly
- Interview with Yin Hongwei
- By-laws will target influx of dirty cash from China, official says