Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- Referendum on charter change not possible by next May, says Htay Oo
- Proposed 12-party meeting does not violate Constitution, says presidential spokesperson
- UEC Chairman: If country is not stable, the army will seize power back
- UPWC, NCCT to meet before Dec 25
- UEC chairman urges political parties to encourage female participation
- NLD members urged to serve people’s interests
- MPs: Delaying six-party talks not good
- Suu Kyi calls for real talks, not 'window dressing' talks
- Loosen central powers to form a federation, says Speaker
- Minister hopes to sign national ceasefire soon