Published on Friday, 11 April 2014 00:50
The 24th ASEAN Summit will decide for the current chair, President Thein Sein, to attend the G-20 Summit in Brisbane, Australia from November 15 to 16.
The 24th ASEAN Summit will be held in the capital Nay Pyi Taw from May 10-11 and is being planned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
“The summit is being planned to three parts: opening ceremony, face to face meetings and retreat sessions,” said Aung Htoo, the deputy director for the ASEAN Affairs Department.
President Thein Sein will deliver a speech for the opening ceremony. Presidents and Prime Ministers of various ASEAN countries will attend the event.
Politics Latest News
- Military MP says "PR" system should not be practiced yet
- Public rallies against ‘anti-democratic’ Constitution
- Ethnic groups have a role to ensuring peace - KNU
- Aung Min in “secret meeting” with press council
- Something is very wrong
- KNU chairman urges ethnic leaders to note time limitation on political process
- Laiza ethnic conference sees differences between Govt and NCCT in Chapter 5
- Who is above the law?
- UN envoy cautions backtracking on democratic reforms
- Refugee camp construction in northern Laiza