An art show boldly displaying poems, photos, paintings and other memorabilia from the 1988 student uprising was held at the Judson Hall in Yangon to commemorate the 25th anniversary of famous pro-democracy protests.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 13:34
Udumbara had relinquished the throne of Ayutthaya, only to be captured by the Myanmar
Last Updated on Monday, 29 July 2013 15:02
Khunn Sint Nay Chi, one of Myanmar's famous actresses, said her Facebook account has been hacked recently and that it was used for spreading religious and racial propaganda online, at a press conference held on July 18 in Yangon.
Last Updated on Monday, 05 August 2013 20:08
Images by Myanmar photographers on show in Bangkok reveal the country's rocky road to democracy
Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 July 2013 11:26
A group of dancers wearing emerald greed satin dresses move their hands in unison. Their sequins are designed to resemble dragon scales with skin-tight long sleeved tops and sarongs in a dance known as the Nagar Ahla or Beauty of the Dragon, evoking the elegance of a bygone era of Myanmar's kings and queens. The dancers come from Yangon's University of Culture and performed the opening Myanmar's 2013 Amazing Wedding Show.
Last Updated on Thursday, 18 July 2013 13:53
Lifestyle Latest News
- Maha Bandoola Garden in Yangon attracts more people
- China-Myanmar ties highlighted in TV series on Pyu-era love story
- Yangon moves to protect nature
- Glimpses of the new Myanmar
- Myanmar writers establish PEN Myanmar
- Artists honour Bokalay Tint Aung with sculpture, painting ceremony
- India to host Myanmar Film Festival in 2014
- Film Festival celebrates 60 years of Myanmar-Israel ties
- British day out in Yangon
- Myanmar hip-hop star to attend ASEAN-Japan music festival