Following in the footsteps of Nan Khin Zay Yar, Khin Wint Wah has recently returned from participating in the Miss Supranational beauty pageant in Belarus, where she was crowned Miss Internet, the same award her predecessor received at the Miss International beauty pageant last year.
Last Updated on Thursday, 12 September 2013 10:44
When a composer writes a song from the depths of his heart, the result can be a classic of universal appeal. That’s what happened to Mya Than San when he wrote “Mahar” (“The Grandeur”): the song, composed in 1994, is still adored by the public and has been selected for the opening ceremony programme of the 27th SEA Games.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 12:03
The Summit Art Gallery will represent Myanmar at the upcoming Art Expo Malaysia 2013, an event that will bring artists from 26 countries.
Last Updated on Monday, 09 September 2013 20:23
Two artists from Myanmar will participate for the first time in the upcoming World Culture Arts Expo, to be held in South Korea from September 25 until October 10.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 September 2013 17:30
A film on Myanmar's ethnic Kayan people, whose women are famous for their brass neck coils, is now on screen in local cinemas in Yangon and Mandalay starting on September 6.
Last Updated on Monday, 09 September 2013 15:00
Lifestyle Latest News
- Maha Bandoola Garden in Yangon attracts more people
- China-Myanmar ties highlighted in TV series on Pyu-era love story
- Yangon moves to protect nature
- Glimpses of the new Myanmar
- Myanmar writers establish PEN Myanmar
- Artists honour Bokalay Tint Aung with sculpture, painting ceremony
- India to host Myanmar Film Festival in 2014
- Film Festival celebrates 60 years of Myanmar-Israel ties
- British day out in Yangon
- Myanmar hip-hop star to attend ASEAN-Japan music festival