- Padauk blossoms in Yangon carrying contentment
- Mothers’ day
- Wedding bell rings for local hip-hop star
- MMPO to attend Asian Art Week in China
- Myanmar band to participate in ASEAN Music Fair
- Now TV Hong Kong shoots documentary about Myanmar’s interest of places
- Human Rights, Human Dignity, International Film Festival to be held in June
- Japan to produce Myanmar traditional instrumental albums
- Myanmar puppet stars perform at international festivals in UAE
- Ancient heritages from Myanmar ancient city of Hanlin to be preserved
One of Myanmar’s up-and-coming filmmakers, Aung Ko Latt is saddened by the tribulations of ethnic minority groups in his homeland. Planning his first feature film five years ago, Latt knew right away his subject was to be found somewhere in the highlands of Shan State, home to a multitude of tribal communities.
Last Updated on Thursday, 18 April 2013 11:28
Students from Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University of Thailand took classes on Myanmar traditional dances at the National Culture and Arts University (Yangon) and plan to conduct a poublic performance in the country.
Last Updated on Friday, 12 April 2013 01:01
Private entertainment media giants Forever Group and Myanmar Index Creative Village will co-sponsor a large grand event at the Minder Ground of Yangon, the organizers said.
Last Updated on Saturday, 06 April 2013 22:52
Although Myanmar has tens of thousands of libraries they are poorly stocked and staffed, pushing avid readers to set up cooperative reading rooms and self-reliant libraries, which take small fees from users, writers and bookworms said.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 19:30
Ta Khine Lone Shwe traditional arts troupe performed Myanmar traditional harp and xylophone in Thailand's Bangkok and Sukothai last month.
Last Updated on Friday, 05 April 2013 00:21