- Padauk blossoms in Yangon carrying contentment
- Mothers’ day
- Wedding bell rings for local hip-hop star
- MMPO to attend Asian Art Week in China
- Myanmar band to participate in ASEAN Music Fair
- Now TV Hong Kong shoots documentary about Myanmar’s interest of places
- Human Rights, Human Dignity, International Film Festival to be held in June
- Japan to produce Myanmar traditional instrumental albums
- Myanmar puppet stars perform at international festivals in UAE
- Ancient heritages from Myanmar ancient city of Hanlin to be preserved
Published on Thursday, 21 February 2013 16:48
Michael Learns to Rock band plans to perform in Yangon.(Photo-Website)
Danish pop rock band Michael Learns to Rock will perform for the first time in Myanmar at the People's Square in Yangon on March 31, according to concert organiser Friendship Entertainment.
The concert will be the second by an international artist in Myanmar. Two months ago American singer/songwriter Jason Mraz performed to 70,000 fans at the MTV EXIT concert held at the same venue.
Michael Learns to Rock was formed in 1988 by singer-keyboardist Jascha Richter, drummer Kare Wanscher, guitarist Mikkel Lentz, and bass player Soren Madsen. Madsen left the band in 2000 and the remaining members have continued as a trio to date.
Since their debut in 1991, the band has reportedly sold more than 11 million records worldwide, mostly in Asia. It songs are frequently covered by Myanmar singers. The most popular ones here include "Sleeping Child", "That's Why (You Go Away)", "Take Me to Your Heart", "25 Minutes" and "Blue Night".