- Padauk blossoms in Yangon carrying contentment
- Mothers’ day
- Wedding bell rings for local hip-hop star
- MMPO to attend Asian Art Week in China
- Myanmar band to participate in ASEAN Music Fair
- Now TV Hong Kong shoots documentary about Myanmar’s interest of places
- Human Rights, Human Dignity, International Film Festival to be held in June
- Japan to produce Myanmar traditional instrumental albums
- Myanmar puppet stars perform at international festivals in UAE
- Ancient heritages from Myanmar ancient city of Hanlin to be preserved
Published on Sunday, 30 December 2012 12:27
The Yangon region government will beef up security for New Year’s night, officials said.
Some people are destroying things in public areas and advertising billboards on New Year’s Eve. Yangon will hold a lot of stage shows and hence the security will be tightened in those places, they said.
“We know and accept that most people are joyful on New Year’s Eve but we need to prevent any problems. Some people destroy advertising billboards and chairs. People should be careful of drunk-driving and sleeping on the road to prevent road accidents,” a local resident from Yangon, who didn’t want to be named, said.
Security will be tightened in famous areas of the Inya lakeside to prevent unnecessary problems. Security personnel from Parks and Sports Grounds Division will be on duty in addition to 10 municipal policemen, an official from Parks and Sports Grounds Division said.