Published on Sunday, 30 December 2012 12:27
The Yangon region government will beef up security for New Year’s night, officials said.
Some people are destroying things in public areas and advertising billboards on New Year’s Eve. Yangon will hold a lot of stage shows and hence the security will be tightened in those places, they said.
“We know and accept that most people are joyful on New Year’s Eve but we need to prevent any problems. Some people destroy advertising billboards and chairs. People should be careful of drunk-driving and sleeping on the road to prevent road accidents,” a local resident from Yangon, who didn’t want to be named, said.
Security will be tightened in famous areas of the Inya lakeside to prevent unnecessary problems. Security personnel from Parks and Sports Grounds Division will be on duty in addition to 10 municipal policemen, an official from Parks and Sports Grounds Division said.
Lifestyle Latest News
- Maha Bandoola Garden in Yangon attracts more people
- China-Myanmar ties highlighted in TV series on Pyu-era love story
- Yangon moves to protect nature
- Glimpses of the new Myanmar
- Myanmar writers establish PEN Myanmar
- Artists honour Bokalay Tint Aung with sculpture, painting ceremony
- India to host Myanmar Film Festival in 2014
- Film Festival celebrates 60 years of Myanmar-Israel ties
- British day out in Yangon
- Myanmar hip-hop star to attend ASEAN-Japan music festival