Published on Friday, 21 December 2012 20:43
Miss Myanmar Nang Khin Zay Yar has protested sex education magazine Nhyot’s publication of her photos without her permission.
Nang Khin Zay Yar represented the country at the Miss International Beauty Pageant 2012 held in Okinawa, Japan, on October 21. She won the People’s Choice Award and the Miss Internet Award at the contest.
Use of her photos by the magazine created a stir in the country.
Nang Khin Zay Yar wrote on her Facebook page that she had lodged a complaint with the magazine for using her photos without taking her permission.
Although she respects the media for connecting the celebrities with the people, she said the magazine should have sought her permission before using the photos.
The magazine has earned a “different” kind reputation for its erotic articles and images, she said, adding: “Since I'm the Miss Myanmar, it may give people a wrong impression about me.”
Lifestyle Latest News
- Maha Bandoola Garden in Yangon attracts more people
- China-Myanmar ties highlighted in TV series on Pyu-era love story
- Yangon moves to protect nature
- Glimpses of the new Myanmar
- Myanmar writers establish PEN Myanmar
- Artists honour Bokalay Tint Aung with sculpture, painting ceremony
- India to host Myanmar Film Festival in 2014
- Film Festival celebrates 60 years of Myanmar-Israel ties
- British day out in Yangon
- Myanmar hip-hop star to attend ASEAN-Japan music festival