- Padauk blossoms in Yangon carrying contentment
- Mothers’ day
- Wedding bell rings for local hip-hop star
- MMPO to attend Asian Art Week in China
- Myanmar band to participate in ASEAN Music Fair
- Now TV Hong Kong shoots documentary about Myanmar’s interest of places
- Human Rights, Human Dignity, International Film Festival to be held in June
- Japan to produce Myanmar traditional instrumental albums
- Myanmar puppet stars perform at international festivals in UAE
- Ancient heritages from Myanmar ancient city of Hanlin to be preserved
Published on Friday, 21 December 2012 20:43
Miss Myanmar Nang Khin Zay Yar has protested sex education magazine Nhyot’s publication of her photos without her permission.
Nang Khin Zay Yar represented the country at the Miss International Beauty Pageant 2012 held in Okinawa, Japan, on October 21. She won the People’s Choice Award and the Miss Internet Award at the contest.
Use of her photos by the magazine created a stir in the country.
Nang Khin Zay Yar wrote on her Facebook page that she had lodged a complaint with the magazine for using her photos without taking her permission.
Although she respects the media for connecting the celebrities with the people, she said the magazine should have sought her permission before using the photos.
The magazine has earned a “different” kind reputation for its erotic articles and images, she said, adding: “Since I'm the Miss Myanmar, it may give people a wrong impression about me.”