Published on Tuesday, 04 December 2012 17:30
Snow Wonderland, an artificial ice amusement park in Yangon has begun to house five dimension (5D) movies since last month.
“The 5D movies will give you the same pleasure as real life. You can feel the same if someone in the movie drop into a well.
You can feel the wet or snow as the movie is playing the scenes. The theatre is equipped with technology from China,” said executive director Khin Maung Phyu of the company.
The theatre now offers about 58 movies for moviegoers to choose, and each ticket cost 1,000 kyats (US$1.17). The play time is 4 to 8 minutes, depending on which movie one chooses.
The theatre can accommodate 6 people for one movie at a time.
Ice wonderland has also reduced the entrance fee to the theme park recently. The ticket price for an adult is reduced to 4,000 kyats from 5,000 kyats, and 3,000 kyats for a child from the previous 4,000 kyats.
Lifestyle Latest News
- Maha Bandoola Garden in Yangon attracts more people
- China-Myanmar ties highlighted in TV series on Pyu-era love story
- Yangon moves to protect nature
- Glimpses of the new Myanmar
- Myanmar writers establish PEN Myanmar
- Artists honour Bokalay Tint Aung with sculpture, painting ceremony
- India to host Myanmar Film Festival in 2014
- Film Festival celebrates 60 years of Myanmar-Israel ties
- British day out in Yangon
- Myanmar hip-hop star to attend ASEAN-Japan music festival