Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 20:49
Myanmar will host its first science film festival in Yangon next month targeting school children, according to Goethe Institute.
The festival will be held at the Mahasantisukha Buddha Sasan Centre on December 1 and 8, and at Institut Francais on December 2 and 9.
Seven films from Canada, Germany, Thailand, the Philippines and the United Kingdom will be screened. Local television channel MRTV-4 will assist in providing subtitles in the Myanmar language.
The films are divided into four categories: natural science, ecology, technology and family edutainment.
Children will also get the chance to participate in practical demonstration sessions and win prizes at the film festival.
Goethe Institute has also organised science film festivals in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam from October to December.
Lifestyle Latest News
- Maha Bandoola Garden in Yangon attracts more people
- China-Myanmar ties highlighted in TV series on Pyu-era love story
- Yangon moves to protect nature
- Glimpses of the new Myanmar
- Myanmar writers establish PEN Myanmar
- Artists honour Bokalay Tint Aung with sculpture, painting ceremony
- India to host Myanmar Film Festival in 2014
- Film Festival celebrates 60 years of Myanmar-Israel ties
- British day out in Yangon
- Myanmar hip-hop star to attend ASEAN-Japan music festival