- Padauk blossoms in Yangon carrying contentment
- Mothers’ day
- Wedding bell rings for local hip-hop star
- MMPO to attend Asian Art Week in China
- Myanmar band to participate in ASEAN Music Fair
- Now TV Hong Kong shoots documentary about Myanmar’s interest of places
- Human Rights, Human Dignity, International Film Festival to be held in June
- Japan to produce Myanmar traditional instrumental albums
- Myanmar puppet stars perform at international festivals in UAE
- Ancient heritages from Myanmar ancient city of Hanlin to be preserved
Published on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 21:27
Taunggyi Tazaungding traditional fire balloons competition in progress.
(Photo-Sai Aung Myat/EMG)
Taunggyi, the capital city of Shan State, opened the annual Tazaungding Festival with a traditional fire balloons competition on November 21.
The week-long festival will end on the full moon.
About 600 students performed various kind of dances at the opening ceremony, which was opened by the State Chief Minister Sai Aung Myat.
About 1,700 small-sized fire balloons were released during the opening.
During the festival, contestants will compete in three categories: day-time balloons decorated in the shape of various animals, Sein Nar Pan (Diamond Earpiece) balloons lit with candle lanterns, and Nya Mee Kyi (Night Fireworks) balloons carrying explosive fireworks.
The Taunggyi festival is famous for fire balloons competitions.