- Padauk blossoms in Yangon carrying contentment
- Mothers’ day
- Wedding bell rings for local hip-hop star
- MMPO to attend Asian Art Week in China
- Myanmar band to participate in ASEAN Music Fair
- Now TV Hong Kong shoots documentary about Myanmar’s interest of places
- Human Rights, Human Dignity, International Film Festival to be held in June
- Japan to produce Myanmar traditional instrumental albums
- Myanmar puppet stars perform at international festivals in UAE
- Ancient heritages from Myanmar ancient city of Hanlin to be preserved
Published on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 20:59
Myanmar will be holding a beauty pageant to select its next delegates to two international competitions.
The Myanmar Tourism Federation will be holding the Miss Myanmar International beauty pageant on February 24 at the MCC Hall in Yangon.
The pageant is open to women between ages 18-25, with a minimum height of 5 feet and 5 inches. The contestants must have general knowledge about tourism and be fluent in English.
Linn Htein, the managing director of Myanmar Tourism Services and the pageant organiser, said the beauty pageant will allow the world to know more about Myanmar and attract more tourists.
It will also give its women a chance to participate in international pageants.
“We are still also trying to contact the Miss Universe. At the moment, we can only participate in Miss International,” he said.
This year’s delegate, Nan Khin Zay Yar, did not have enough time to prepare for the Miss International 2012 competition. But she won the Miss Internet award, with a total of 20 million online votes, and the 2012 Popular Choice Award.
Linn Htien said they will be training the next candidate well. Tin Moe Lwin, the managing director of Talents and Models Agency, said she will be coaching the contestants to prepare them mentally and physically.