Published on Sunday, 25 November 2012 01:21
Cartoonists in Mandalay held a show from November 15 to 20 to earn funds for Kachin Refugees Camps.
The show, named Tote Htoe O Pauk (“Barbecue & Holed Pan”), was staged at Yar Pyae Bookshop, in Chan Aye Tharzan Township, Mandalay.
It displayed 27 works of cartoonist Hercule (Kathar), Wai Yan, Aung Maw, Pan Thu Aung and Nge Lay (Mann).
“Together we will donate all we earned here for the Kachin refugees. We drew caricatures for the guests during the show, and money earned from this will go to the donation fund. We have plans to continue to stage these shows in future in order to make such donations,” said cartoonist Aung Maw.
During the show, 15 pictures were sold at prices ranging from 30,000 kyats to 50,000 kyats, earning a total of 500,000 kyats. Donations from the guests totalled 300,000 kyats. The total amount will be donated to Kachin Refugees Camps at the end of this month.
Lifestyle Latest News
- China-Myanmar ties highlighted in TV series on Pyu-era love story
- Yangon moves to protect nature
- Glimpses of the new Myanmar
- Myanmar writers establish PEN Myanmar
- Artists honour Bokalay Tint Aung with sculpture, painting ceremony
- India to host Myanmar Film Festival in 2014
- Film Festival celebrates 60 years of Myanmar-Israel ties
- British day out in Yangon
- Myanmar hip-hop star to attend ASEAN-Japan music festival
- Myanmar Sai and famous French music band jointly entertained