Published on Thursday, 15 November 2012 21:49
Following last year's success, two local films will be screened at the second Myanmar Film Festival in Singapore on November 17-18.
Zaw Zaw Aung, film festival organiser, has selected The Moon Lotus and Kayan Beauties because these films do not have copyright issues and both features beautiful sceneries around Myanmar.
"I wanted Myanmar films to be screened in international countries. I want the Myanmar audience in Singapore to watch films that really meet quality standards and I think the foreign audience will also be interested. In the future, I will try to show more Myanmar films," said Zaw Zaw Aung.
The film festival will be held at the Cathay Theater and attended by Mon Myint, Thiri Shin Thant and two Kayan actresses.
The Moon Lotus is a romantic drama about the unrequited love between two friends who were separated for many years after graduating from college. The film has been screened in Mahachai last month and in Phuket last week.
Kayan Beauties is about three Kayan women who tried to search for a girl kidnapped by human traffickers. It is the first film about the Kayan race, otherwise known as the Padaung, whose women are famous for their brass neck coils.
Last year, Adam, Eve, and Dattha was screened at the first film festival in Singapore and it was well-received by the Myanmar audience.
Lifestyle Latest News
- Maha Bandoola Garden in Yangon attracts more people
- China-Myanmar ties highlighted in TV series on Pyu-era love story
- Yangon moves to protect nature
- Glimpses of the new Myanmar
- Myanmar writers establish PEN Myanmar
- Artists honour Bokalay Tint Aung with sculpture, painting ceremony
- India to host Myanmar Film Festival in 2014
- Film Festival celebrates 60 years of Myanmar-Israel ties
- British day out in Yangon
- Myanmar hip-hop star to attend ASEAN-Japan music festival