Published on Sunday, 11 November 2012 07:20
Myanmar Motion Picture Organisation (MMPO) will oversee the production of a new comedy film featuring 14 film stars, according to Lu Min, vice chairman of MMPO.
According to Lu Min, the new film was not originally intended as a fund-raiser for the organisation, which was re-elected last March to bring reforms to the film industry.
MMPO wanted to make use of film rolls that were bought by the former organisation, he explained.
“Nowadays, films are shot with HD, and film rolls are rarely used. The film rolls from MMPO are nearing their expiry period so we have decided to make this film as a way of getting some funds,” he said.
“The main theme [of the film] is to show unity [in the film industry],” said Su Aww Chae, one of the scriptwriters of the film.
Among the 14 selected film stars, an actor and actress have resigned from their roles so two others will be selected to replace them.
The new film has been temporary titled “Chit Thu A See A Yone” (Lover’s Organisation).
Hein Soe will be directing the film based on the script written by Nay Soe Thaw, Su Aww Chae, and Nyi Nyi Tun Lwin.
It will include veteran stars Lu Min, Min Maw Kun, Htun Aeindra Bo, and Eaindra Kyaw Zin, as well as more recent stars such as Pyay Ti Oo, Nay Toe, Wutt Hmone Shwe Yee, Moe Hay Ko and Chit Thu Wai.
Lifestyle Latest News
- Maha Bandoola Garden in Yangon attracts more people
- China-Myanmar ties highlighted in TV series on Pyu-era love story
- Yangon moves to protect nature
- Glimpses of the new Myanmar
- Myanmar writers establish PEN Myanmar
- Artists honour Bokalay Tint Aung with sculpture, painting ceremony
- India to host Myanmar Film Festival in 2014
- Film Festival celebrates 60 years of Myanmar-Israel ties
- British day out in Yangon
- Myanmar hip-hop star to attend ASEAN-Japan music festival