Myanmar has begun to adopt the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) General Data Dissemination System (GDDS) as of November 15, according to a press release from the IMF.
Last Updated on Sunday, 17 November 2013 16:37
YANGON-Myanmar’s Construction and Housing Development Bank (CHDB) will be launched with an initial capital of Ks 100 billion (US$103 million) in the first week of December, said bank’s official.
Last Updated on Saturday, 16 November 2013 20:11
U.S.-based General Electric (GE), one of the world’s leading firms in energy, health, transportation,and finance, announced on Tuesday that it has offered capacity-building programmes to public and private sector leaders in Myanmar.
Last Updated on Friday, 15 November 2013 17:47
YANGON—Prudential plc, the UK-based international financial services group, announced yesterday that it has been awarded a licence to establish a representative office in the country’s commercial and industrial hub.
Last Updated on Friday, 15 November 2013 18:40
Construction of the East West Economic Corridor (EWEC) connecting Mawlamyaine and Da Nang across four ASEAN countries will be completed soon, creating a tourism boom throughout the region, an ASEAN business analyst said at a workshop on competitiveness in the ASEAN Economic Corridor.
Last Updated on Friday, 15 November 2013 02:30
Business Latest News
- Six foreign companies receive approval for manufacturing and wood factories
- South Africa interests to invest in Myanmar
- Japan, South Korea propose to import transit buses
- Cambodian private bank has eyes on Myanmar
- FMI launches Ks 25-billion rights issue to finance projects including Thilawa SEZ
- Dawei SEZ impeded as Italian-Thai incapable to finance alone
- Myanmar allows more Asian firms to produce wood products and foodstuff
- Daiwa to help AGD bank’s transformation as public company
- Digicel, Ooredoo sign Myanmar deal to construct telecommunications towers
- New floating hotel to be opened next month