Britain is listed fourth in foreign investment to Myanmar after investing more than US$ 256 million between January and September, according to Directorate of Investment and Companies Administration (DICA).
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 23:39
YANGON—International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde’s first visit to Myanmar early next month will be aimed at encouraging the economic reforms undertaken by the Thein Sein administration, sources say.
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 20:22
YANGON—Clare Short, chairperson of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI), will visit Myanmar during the second week of December to offer advice on transparency initiatives being implemented across Myanmar, according to the country’s EITI Coordination and Implementation Committee.
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 16:19
YANGON—Japan’s long-awaited involvement in the Dawei Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Tanintharyi Region has finally begun with the Mitsubishi Corporation’s agreement to build a large, coal-fired power plant in cooperation with two Thai firms, according to the Dawei SEZ management committee.
Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 16:57
Rice exports are falling short of 2.5 million tonnes against the set target of 3 million tonnes for this fiscal year.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 22:30
Business Latest News
- Myanmar calls to end illegal timber trade with China
- Myanmar urges China to invest in Kyauk Phyu SEZ
- Six foreign companies receive approval for manufacturing and wood factories
- South Africa interests to invest in Myanmar
- Japan, South Korea propose to import transit buses
- Cambodian private bank has eyes on Myanmar
- FMI launches Ks 25-billion rights issue to finance projects including Thilawa SEZ
- Dawei SEZ impeded as Italian-Thai incapable to finance alone
- Myanmar allows more Asian firms to produce wood products and foodstuff
- Daiwa to help AGD bank’s transformation as public company