Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 19:13
Myanmar has earned over US$ 840 million from beans and pulses export, according to the Ministry of Commerce.
Myanmar exported over 1.39 million tonnes of agricultural products worth over US$ 845.3 million from April 1 to August 23 in 2013-2014 fiscal year.
Over 42 million tonnes of agricultural products were exported and Myanmar earned over US$ 2 billion in last fiscal year 2012-2013.
In this fiscal year, the export volume of rice and rice-related product is over US$ 138 million and beans and pulses is over US$ 340 million.
Although Myanmar earned high incomes from kitchen crops export, the incomes from rice and rice related products, beans and pulses and perennial crops decreased.
Myanmar products are being exported not only by shipping but also through border trade routes through Myanmar-China border areas like Muse, Chin Shwehaw, Kanpaiktee and Myanmar-Thailand border area such as Myawady, Tarchilek, Kawthoung and Myeik, and Sittway, Maungdaw in Myanmar-Bangladesh and Myanmar-India border area.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar urges China to improve on bilateral trade
- Myanmar to legislate on computer software
- Muse bus station complex to open next year
- Thai event business helps Myanmar kick off SEA Games
- Unilever receives licence to open Myanmar branch
- Construction permits available online by 2014
- Joint venture to invest Ks 32 billion in stock exchange
- Yangon Stock Exchange to open in two years - Deputy Minister
- Chinese companies to invest in various industrial projects
- Myanmar calls to end illegal timber trade with China