Published on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 20:47
Myanmar will open tender for at least 20 new blocks of oil and gas before next year, the minister of energy told the World Economic Forum on East Asia on Thursday June6.
Currently the ministry has opened tenders for a total of 30 blocks in which 11 are inshore blocks and the rest are offshore ones. The recent tenders will be closed on June 14. The energy sector is the one of the most important sector for nation’s income.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar urges China to improve on bilateral trade
- Myanmar to legislate on computer software
- Muse bus station complex to open next year
- Thai event business helps Myanmar kick off SEA Games
- Unilever receives licence to open Myanmar branch
- Construction permits available online by 2014
- Joint venture to invest Ks 32 billion in stock exchange
- Yangon Stock Exchange to open in two years - Deputy Minister
- Chinese companies to invest in various industrial projects
- Myanmar calls to end illegal timber trade with China