- Investment commission approves 33 companies in first quarter
- Gold price slumps in Myanmar
- US Dollar hikes but temporarily, Central Bank says
- Myanmar hardwoods to be exported to EU only in 2015
- Thai cement imported via Myawady Border
- Import license requirements dropped for about 600 goods
- Myanmar makes potential surveys for transport development with JICA assistance
- Myanmar’s low-cost SIM card reaches 500,000 kyats
- Low-cost GSM to sell in June
- Korean firm, military-owned conglomerate joins partnership for garment business
Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 22:02
Despite a plan to earn export value of US$700 million for 2012-2013 fiscal years, the value was slightly declined to US$ 532.4 million.
It is slightly lower than previous year, the director Tun Win of Fundamentals of Instrumentation and Quality Control (FIQC) told the annual conference of Myanmar Fishery Federation on January 29.
As of January, the export value of fish and fishery products was US$ 309.1 million via normal trade route and the value of US$228.3 million through border trade, he said.
However, the value of eel export was made beyond expectation. The export value of fish farming products this year was not as expected.
The Myanmar Fish Farmers Association has planned to export US$120 million fish farming products. But the association exported 89.1 million products as of January.
"We would make it as the plan, if we are able to export the rest of products before closing this fiscal year," the general secretary Win Kyaing of the association said, "Meanwhile we are not able to supply the demand."