Published on Monday, 14 January 2013 12:56
Crab exports are on track to exceed their target of US$38 million for this fiscal year, April 2012 to March 2013, with more than $30 worth of crab exported in the first three quarters, according to Myanmar Crab Producers Association.
Almost half of all crab exports go through the Myanmar-China border town of Muse in Shan State where more than $12 million worth of crab was exported in the first three quarters.
China is the major export market for crab, which is harvested primarily in Rakhine State and exported through Mandalay Region and Shan State.
Crab is also harvested from the Irrawaddy River delta region and from farms in Mon State, Tanintharyi and Yangon regions.
Business Latest News
- FMI launches Ks 25-billion rights issue to finance projects including Thilawa SEZ
- Dawei SEZ impeded as Italian-Thai incapable to finance alone
- Myanmar allows more Asian firms to produce wood products and foodstuff
- Daiwa to help AGD bank’s transformation as public company
- Digicel, Ooredoo sign Myanmar deal to construct telecommunications towers
- New floating hotel to be opened next month
- Thilawa SEZ’s progress will determine Japanese investments — Japanese minister
- Myanmar gets US$350m from seafood export
- Myanmar to construct 2 cargo wharves at Thilawa with ODA loan
- Myanmar leases booths for international broadcasting channels