Published on Monday, 14 January 2013 12:56
Crab exports are on track to exceed their target of US$38 million for this fiscal year, April 2012 to March 2013, with more than $30 worth of crab exported in the first three quarters, according to Myanmar Crab Producers Association.
Almost half of all crab exports go through the Myanmar-China border town of Muse in Shan State where more than $12 million worth of crab was exported in the first three quarters.
China is the major export market for crab, which is harvested primarily in Rakhine State and exported through Mandalay Region and Shan State.
Crab is also harvested from the Irrawaddy River delta region and from farms in Mon State, Tanintharyi and Yangon regions.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar's clothing industry promises growth
- Myanmar businesses accuse construction firms of tax evasion
- Over 140 joint ventures in Myanmar's growing oil and gas sector
- Hin Leong Group to expand business in Myanmar
- SingTel and partners to create job opportunities
- China's Huawei to work with Myanmar state-owned telecom
- KIA Motors to open new showrooms in Myanmar
- UK Trade Minister stresses 4 hindrances for investments in Myanmar
- Coca-Cola to expand Myanmar factory in 2013
- Sixteen companies granted to operate the garment industry with CMP system