Published on Monday, 31 December 2012 08:04
An Indian dairy firm has proposed to export skimmed milk powder to Myanmar, according to the Ministry of Commerce.
Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) planning to export Amul branded skimmed milk powder is India's largest exporter of dairy products. It has received the APEDA Award from Government of India for Excellence in Dairy Product Exports for the last 13 years.
GCMMF annually export about US$2.3 billion worth of milk powder to the USA, Australia, Singapore, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Omen, Kuwait and Bangladesh.
According to an official from Myanmar Livestock and Fisheries Federation (MLFF), Myanmar imports dairy products worth millions of dollars.
The government therefore is trying to develop the breeding of dairy cattle in order to boost dairy production locally.
Local and foreign dairy firms have been invited to invest in raising dairy cattle and MLFF will render necessary assistance such as land allocation.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar's clothing industry promises growth
- Myanmar businesses accuse construction firms of tax evasion
- Over 140 joint ventures in Myanmar's growing oil and gas sector
- Hin Leong Group to expand business in Myanmar
- SingTel and partners to create job opportunities
- China's Huawei to work with Myanmar state-owned telecom
- KIA Motors to open new showrooms in Myanmar
- UK Trade Minister stresses 4 hindrances for investments in Myanmar
- Coca-Cola to expand Myanmar factory in 2013
- Sixteen companies granted to operate the garment industry with CMP system