Published on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 21:12
Kanbawza group, Myanmar’s private company group specialising in a wide range of business such as banking and agriculture, has set up a new office at Strand Road, Kyauktada Township, according to sources from the group.
Kanbawza has the official permission to rent a six-storyed office building on long-lease term, but it remains unclear whether the group will turn it into the Kanbawza Bank’s head office, a spokesperson from Kanbawza Bank said.
The mega business group from Myanmar is expanding their business and office buildings and Kanbawza is constructing a new building next to their head office, according to spokespersons of the bank.
The Myanmar government has taken steps to privatise government-owned buildings since the end of 2008, and most big corporations and top company groups have made a success of tendering.
Kanbawza’s new office was formerly used by government sectors, such as the Civil Service Selection and Training Board.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar's clothing industry promises growth
- Myanmar businesses accuse construction firms of tax evasion
- Over 140 joint ventures in Myanmar's growing oil and gas sector
- Hin Leong Group to expand business in Myanmar
- SingTel and partners to create job opportunities
- China's Huawei to work with Myanmar state-owned telecom
- KIA Motors to open new showrooms in Myanmar
- UK Trade Minister stresses 4 hindrances for investments in Myanmar
- Coca-Cola to expand Myanmar factory in 2013
- Sixteen companies granted to operate the garment industry with CMP system