- Buses remain least among 90,000 vehicles registered
- Korean firm to conduct feasibility study on water supplying projects in Yangon
- Credit Information Bureau to be formed
- ASEAN Economic Community Workshop held in Myanmar
- Vietnam-Myanmar economic seminar in Yangon
- Investment commission approves 33 companies in first quarter
- Gold price slumps in Myanmar
- US Dollar hikes but temporarily, Central Bank says
- Myanmar hardwoods to be exported to EU only in 2015
- Thai cement imported via Myawady Border
Published on Monday, 26 November 2012 06:42
Workers are preparing plastic bags to be put into the paper box. (Photo-EMG)
Lucky Bag plastic enterprise of Myanmar will start exporting HDPE kind of thin, soft plastic to Japan at the end of this month, managing director Hla Win said.
The polyethylene will be exported to Japan, which will be used in making kitchen wares. Only the product, without the logo, will be exported to Japan.
The move came after an agreement between the Myanmar company and some Japanese companies a few months ago. Some Japanese companies discussed plastic exports with the Myanmar company about a year ago.
“Three to four Japanese companies had held discussions with us. Shopping bags and large bags will be exported to Japan later. We have sent samples three times and they liked it and agreed for it to be sent at the end of this month. Only plastic bags without logo will be sent and then Japan will stick its logo on them and they will be locally sold,” the managing director said.
The Lucky Bag company will start exporting 13 tonnes of plastic. Malaysia, China and Vietnam are now exporting plastic to Japan. Therefore, Myanmar’s plastic is likely to be competing with these countries.
“We aim to explore the export market. If plastic export is convenient, it can do good things for plastic businessmen and provide employment as well. We hope we will achieve success in our enterprise, but we have problems with regular power supply. The plastic quality depends a lot on power,” the managing director added.
The plastic will have to be exported to Japan and will not be permitted for local sales.