Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 20:46
A local company in Hlaing Tharyar Township is applying for permission to build a small-scale industrial zone to run garment factories, according to Yangon Region Government.
The company intends to build an exclusive small-scale industrial zone near Shwe Lin Ban Industrial Zone, Hlaing Tharyar Township. In an industrial zone, companies may include all necessary buildings in the compound. “Since it is still in the application process, it is not permitted yet,” an official from Yangon Region Government said.
The name of that local company was not disclosed. The proposed area for the zone is around 25 acres. The company has come up with this proposal eyeing for the potential growth of the garment industry.
In Yangon Region, there are 30 industrial zones and 3,500 factories in total according to official figure.
Business Latest News
- Cambodian private bank has eyes on Myanmar
- FMI launches Ks 25-billion rights issue to finance projects including Thilawa SEZ
- Dawei SEZ impeded as Italian-Thai incapable to finance alone
- Myanmar allows more Asian firms to produce wood products and foodstuff
- Daiwa to help AGD bank’s transformation as public company
- Digicel, Ooredoo sign Myanmar deal to construct telecommunications towers
- New floating hotel to be opened next month
- Thilawa SEZ’s progress will determine Japanese investments — Japanese minister
- Myanmar gets US$350m from seafood export
- Myanmar to construct 2 cargo wharves at Thilawa with ODA loan