Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 21:56
An authorized private mining site in Sagaing Region (Photo – EMG)
Gold is illegally traded these days in Myanmar, according to gold dealers.
“They know about the black market, but authorities have yet to take any effective measures,” said Thudaw, Myanmar Gold Entrepreneurs Association Chairperson, during the association 10th anniversary ceremony on November 16.
“There is no mechanism to monitor and control gold trading,” he added.
The association said that curbing illegal gold trading would enhance the stability of Myanmar gold market.
Gold dealers in Sagaing Region agreed, saying that the gold is smuggled to China. According to them, there are also many illegal gold production activities in Myanmar.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar approves five foreign businesses
- Myanmar's clothing industry promises growth
- Myanmar businesses accuse construction firms of tax evasion
- Over 140 joint ventures in Myanmar's growing oil and gas sector
- Hin Leong Group to expand business in Myanmar
- SingTel and partners to create job opportunities
- China's Huawei to work with Myanmar state-owned telecom
- KIA Motors to open new showrooms in Myanmar
- UK Trade Minister stresses 4 hindrances for investments in Myanmar
- Coca-Cola to expand Myanmar factory in 2013