Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 21:56
An authorized private mining site in Sagaing Region (Photo – EMG)
Gold is illegally traded these days in Myanmar, according to gold dealers.
“They know about the black market, but authorities have yet to take any effective measures,” said Thudaw, Myanmar Gold Entrepreneurs Association Chairperson, during the association 10th anniversary ceremony on November 16.
“There is no mechanism to monitor and control gold trading,” he added.
The association said that curbing illegal gold trading would enhance the stability of Myanmar gold market.
Gold dealers in Sagaing Region agreed, saying that the gold is smuggled to China. According to them, there are also many illegal gold production activities in Myanmar.
Business Latest News
- Myanmar urges China to improve on bilateral trade
- Myanmar to legislate on computer software
- Muse bus station complex to open next year
- Thai event business helps Myanmar kick off SEA Games
- Unilever receives licence to open Myanmar branch
- Construction permits available online by 2014
- Joint venture to invest Ks 32 billion in stock exchange
- Yangon Stock Exchange to open in two years - Deputy Minister
- Chinese companies to invest in various industrial projects
- Myanmar calls to end illegal timber trade with China