Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 16:59
A leading Cambodian-based consultancy company will open an office in Yangon ahead of the Asean economic integration in 2015.
Sciaroni & Associates, which provides legal and business advice, will also set up a branch in Laos, senior partner Bretton G. Sciaroni said on the sidelines of the 21st Asean Summit at the Peace Palace in Phnom Penh on November 18.
"We are in the final phase of opening an office in Laos, hopefully by the end of the month. We expect to have a branch office [in Yangon] in the first three months of next year," Sciaroni said.
He added that since Myanmar’s situation is similar to that of Cambodia 20 years ago, the company can apply its experience and knowledge in setting up operations in Yangon.
Business Latest News
- South Africa interests to invest in Myanmar
- Japan, South Korea propose to import transit buses
- Cambodian private bank has eyes on Myanmar
- FMI launches Ks 25-billion rights issue to finance projects including Thilawa SEZ
- Dawei SEZ impeded as Italian-Thai incapable to finance alone
- Myanmar allows more Asian firms to produce wood products and foodstuff
- Daiwa to help AGD bank’s transformation as public company
- Digicel, Ooredoo sign Myanmar deal to construct telecommunications towers
- New floating hotel to be opened next month
- Thilawa SEZ’s progress will determine Japanese investments — Japanese minister