Published on Friday, 09 November 2012 17:04
The Central Bank of Myanmar will be reconstituted as an independent organisation under the direct management of the president, a source from the President’s Office says.
The move aims to facilitate national economic development by having the country’s banking system linked with international banking systems.
The President’s Office sent a message to parliament on October 26 saying the bill paving the way for the central bank’s reconstitution is already being drafted.
Business Latest News
- Cambodian private bank has eyes on Myanmar
- FMI launches Ks 25-billion rights issue to finance projects including Thilawa SEZ
- Dawei SEZ impeded as Italian-Thai incapable to finance alone
- Myanmar allows more Asian firms to produce wood products and foodstuff
- Daiwa to help AGD bank’s transformation as public company
- Digicel, Ooredoo sign Myanmar deal to construct telecommunications towers
- New floating hotel to be opened next month
- Thilawa SEZ’s progress will determine Japanese investments — Japanese minister
- Myanmar gets US$350m from seafood export
- Myanmar to construct 2 cargo wharves at Thilawa with ODA loan