- KIA opens first-ever showroom in Yangon
- Myanmar Oil & Gas Summit to be held in June
- Panasonic eyeing to open a branch in Yangon
- Thailand’s PTT plans to open filling stations in Myanmar
- Border trade resumes in Rakhine State after "Mahasen"
- True Corp eyes presence in Myanmar
- Eagles Air and Sea to pursue opportunity for JV in Myanmar
- Thriving Myanmar-Thai border trade faces warehouse shortage
- Thilawa Economic Zone’s 70,000 acres to be farmed
- Myanmar’s Oversea Employment Agencies Federation opens office in Thailand
Published on Friday, 09 November 2012 17:04
The Central Bank of Myanmar will be reconstituted as an independent organisation under the direct management of the president, a source from the President’s Office says.
The move aims to facilitate national economic development by having the country’s banking system linked with international banking systems.
The President’s Office sent a message to parliament on October 26 saying the bill paving the way for the central bank’s reconstitution is already being drafted.