Civil society groups in Asean countries have expressed disappointment over the content and process of the first-ever Asean human rights declaration, which aims to ensure human rights protection for 600 million people in the region.
Last Updated on Monday, 29 October 2012 10:49
The world's energy system has bestowed great benefits on society, but it has also come with an expensive price tag: Climate change due to human activities that led to the build-up of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.
Last Updated on Monday, 29 October 2012 10:47
The 13th Asia-Europe Business Forum in Vientiane will create opportunities for Lao businesspeople to discuss cooperation ventures with foreign partners.
Last Updated on Saturday, 27 October 2012 12:51
As the launch of the Asean Economic Community (AEC) nears, the Business Development Department is planning to set up a fast-track lane to facilitate the registration of businesses by Asean investors.
Last Updated on Monday, 29 October 2012 10:41
Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will hold a meeting to seek conclusions on the Dawei deep-seaport project in Myanmar, expected to take place in Thailand on November 7 and 8 ahead of a joint announcement during the Asean meeting of November 17-20 in Cambodia.
Last Updated on Saturday, 27 October 2012 12:50
Asean Latest News
- Asean can tussle with emergic economic giants: economist
- Fury over US spying spreads to Southeast Asia
- China, Asean to upgrade their FTA
- CEOs upbeat on future of Apec : survey
- Myanmar set to take over ASEAN chair for 2014
- ASEAN conference tackles conservation challenges in Myanmar
- Asean accepts Obama's decision
- ANN unveils regional media trends in S'pore event
- Four nations team up to present Asian museums seminar in Bagan
- Time running out to address problems ahead of AEC