The Thai government will today offer a three-month moratorium to the 266,677 migrant workers from Myanmar and other neighbouring countries who failed to meet the December 14 deadline for nationality verification, the Thai Employment Department said yesterday.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 December 2012 11:22
Universal Adsorbent & Chemicals Plc, a mid-sized trading firm in the energy-related business, will seek growth by focusing more on expanding in Asean.
Last Updated on Monday, 24 December 2012 15:13
Development in Asia and the Pacific is increasingly being affected by the ongoing slowdown in the global economy
Last Updated on Friday, 14 December 2012 19:46
Asian farmers and consumers of their products in countries around the world stand to benefit from discussions at the FAO Regional Food Safety Consultation Workshop that opened in Bangkok yesterday.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 December 2012 10:04
If the deadline for verification of alien workers' nationality is not extended from today, several labour-intensive industries in Thailand such as fisheries or construction are likely to be hurt.
Last Updated on Friday, 14 December 2012 09:42
Asean Latest News
- Asean 'still a key target for Japanese investment'
- Asean can tussle with emergic economic giants: economist
- Fury over US spying spreads to Southeast Asia
- China, Asean to upgrade their FTA
- CEOs upbeat on future of Apec : survey
- Myanmar set to take over ASEAN chair for 2014
- ASEAN conference tackles conservation challenges in Myanmar
- Asean accepts Obama's decision
- ANN unveils regional media trends in S'pore event
- Four nations team up to present Asian museums seminar in Bagan