Merck, the Germany-based pharmaceutical and chemical giant, has seen a good opportunity to further grow its existing businesses in Asean with the upcoming Asean Economic Community (AEC) in 2015 and the opening of the Myanmar market where it plans to use its Thai operation to build business in the future.
Last Updated on Monday, 21 January 2013 11:58
Music will be a key tool helping Thai companies sell products in Myanmar, while corporate social responsibility (CSR) projects are a must to promote products in the Cambodian market, according to consumer-behaviour research group Envirosell.
Last Updated on Monday, 21 January 2013 11:59
Japan sought to strengthen its strategic partnership with Thailand yesterday by expressing an interest in taking part in the project to develop Dawei Port in Myanmar.
Last Updated on Friday, 18 January 2013 08:06
Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt of Thailand expressed confidence yesterday that Japan was highly likely to invest in Myanmar's Dawei Port project
Last Updated on Saturday, 19 January 2013 10:01
The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand has earmarked Bt50 billion this year to renovate its 30-year-old electricity grid and construct a power plant.
Last Updated on Friday, 18 January 2013 08:04
Asean Latest News
- Asean 'still a key target for Japanese investment'
- Asean can tussle with emergic economic giants: economist
- Fury over US spying spreads to Southeast Asia
- China, Asean to upgrade their FTA
- CEOs upbeat on future of Apec : survey
- Myanmar set to take over ASEAN chair for 2014
- ASEAN conference tackles conservation challenges in Myanmar
- Asean accepts Obama's decision
- ANN unveils regional media trends in S'pore event
- Four nations team up to present Asian museums seminar in Bagan