The transport sector is ready to become part of the Asean Economic Community (AEC) as Thai driving licences are valid in member nations and trucks and buses permitted to operate in neighbouring countries without having to pass through a vehicle condition inspection, a senior Thai official said on Monday.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 February 2013 11:04
Capital markets in Southeast Asia have the opportunity to better retain and mobilise the high savings rate and surpluses within their borders if they can further develop their local currency bond markets and improve investments among the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), said Standard & Poor's Ratings Services in a report published today.
Last Updated on Friday, 25 January 2013 09:50
Mc Group has set its sights on neighbouring markets, starting with Myanmar, where it has appointed a local distributor.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 10:50
Asean chief executives have ranked uncertain or volatile economic growth ahead of over-regulation (77 per cent), exchange-rate volatility (72 per cent), and government response to fiscal deficits and debt burdens (70 per cent) as a potential economic and policy threat.
Last Updated on Thursday, 24 January 2013 13:42
Merck, the Germany-based pharmaceutical and chemical giant, has seen a good opportunity to further grow its existing businesses in Asean with the upcoming Asean Economic Community (AEC) in 2015 and the opening of the Myanmar market where it plans to use its Thai operation to build business in the future.
Last Updated on Monday, 21 January 2013 11:58
Asean Latest News
- Asean can tussle with emergic economic giants: economist
- Fury over US spying spreads to Southeast Asia
- China, Asean to upgrade their FTA
- CEOs upbeat on future of Apec : survey
- Myanmar set to take over ASEAN chair for 2014
- ASEAN conference tackles conservation challenges in Myanmar
- Asean accepts Obama's decision
- ANN unveils regional media trends in S'pore event
- Four nations team up to present Asian museums seminar in Bagan
- Time running out to address problems ahead of AEC