Tourism ministers from Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam met recently in Ho Chi Minh City to discuss a plan to introduce a single visa policy for tourists entering the five nations.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 September 2013 14:13
Achieving the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) will depend on the political will of member states, said Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
Last Updated on Monday, 23 September 2013 13:18
Five Southeast Asian countries, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam, are targeting a double-digit growth rate of international visitors annually by 2015 under the theme "Five Countries One Destination", according to Hoang Tuan Anh, Minister of Culture, Sport and Tourism.
Last Updated on Thursday, 12 September 2013 10:53
More dialogue is needed between Asean policymakers and journalists who report on regional issues, said a senior official from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) yesterday.
Last Updated on Thursday, 12 September 2013 11:06
Bangkok - Asia accounts for 90 per cent of global consumption of chewing tobacco, used for cleaning teeth and treating ailments such as halitosis and morning sickness, the United Nations said Wednesday.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 19:17
Asean Latest News
- Asean can tussle with emergic economic giants: economist
- Fury over US spying spreads to Southeast Asia
- China, Asean to upgrade their FTA
- CEOs upbeat on future of Apec : survey
- Myanmar set to take over ASEAN chair for 2014
- ASEAN conference tackles conservation challenges in Myanmar
- Asean accepts Obama's decision
- ANN unveils regional media trends in S'pore event
- Four nations team up to present Asian museums seminar in Bagan
- Time running out to address problems ahead of AEC